SOLVED: Cannot expand/collapse anything in form/mod.Class

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
CMWhitley

SOLVED: Cannot expand/collapse anything in form/mod.Class

Post by CMWhitley »

SOLVED: NUM LOCK caused this. I never KNOWINGLY use NumLock but I must have hit it.

Ctrl-Alt-Enter does work so I can keep programming but I don't know what is preventing clicking on the +/- to expand/collapse individual subs/functions.

Have a handful of various Gambas projects which were working fine but today while creating a new project, and testing, all of a sudden I could no longer expand/collapse anything in the IDE for any class.

If the code already had a "-" sign to the left of the code window, clicking it would not collapse it.
If the code already had a "+" sign to the left of the code window, clicking it would not expand it.

I could struggle through if they were all expanded but I cannot edit anything which is already collapsed.

Gambas version 3.16.3
Rebooted computer.
This issue is on all my projects.
Last edited by CMWhitley on Sunday 9th October 2022 12:47pm, edited 1 time in total.
cogier
Site Admin

Re: SOMEWhat solved: Cannot expand/collapse anything in form/mod.Class

Post by cogier »

I suggest you remove Gambas from your computer and reinstall. You don't say what Distro you are running, but if it is Ubuntu based then I would use Synaptic, search for 'gambas3' and delete the lot. You can then run the following command that will install the Gambas ppa and the stable version of Gambas (Version 3.17.3 on 2022/10/3).

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:gambas-team/gambas3 && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y install gambas3
CMWhitley

Re: SOLVED: Cannot expand/collapse anything in form/mod.Class

Post by CMWhitley »

Thank you very much for the reply. This was a bone head operator error. Somehow I must have clicked on the Num Lock. I never would have suspected that would cause this issue but once I was attempting to use the number pad to enter data, the number pad would not work.

Thanks again!