img2key

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
didier18

img2key

Post by didier18 »

---en---
Hello

I made available on "sourceforge.net" a small program written in gambas3.
It is in fact a utility composed of several modules.
Originally, it allows to write an image (iso, img, or img.gz) on a USB key (or other support), hence its name img2key...

As the size of the image is generally smaller than the size of the support, it could be interesting to extend the new partition to the entire size of the support, so I added a module that does this work...

Quickly came the need to duplicate one usb support to another, which gave the copy2key module...

This type of program requires to be able to at least format the support, so I added the format module...

Another essential element is to be able to consult the information of the supports (size, type and number of partitions, occupancy rate, geometry, serial number, (PID and VID) etc...), all if possible with a graphic representation and the possibility of quickly changing the state of the boot flag or the label of the support... All this is accessible thanks to the info2key module...

An experimental module (to be used with all the necessary precautions) makes it possible to put the support in read only or read and write, to ignore or not the errors, to make a reset support etc.. I named it rep2key...

For fun and to find image files, I added another module, this one allows the user to add or remove links of his choice. This is the download module...

To make it more user-friendly, img2key is translated into English (thanks cogier) and Spanish.

Img2key is compatible with :
ToOpPy-2.2 (development distribution)
Triton-6.0
Tahrpup-6.0.5
ArtfulPup-17.11+16
Xenialpup-7.5
Tahrpup64-6.0.5.

NB: For Tahrpup64-6.0.5 version you will need to use gambas3_3.9.2_amd64.sfs.
Other 32Bit distributions use gambas3_3.10.0.sfs.

The download link gives access (click on me) :
To source code.zip
To 2 versions of Gambas3 (32 and 64Bit in.sfs format)
And to the latest version of img2key-1.2.10.sfs

Have a nice day.

---fr---
Bonjour

J'ai mis à disposition sur "sourceforge.net" un petit programme écrit en gambas3.
C'est en fait un utilitaire composé de plusieurs modules.
A l'origine, il permet d'écrire une image (iso, img, ou img.gz) sur une clef (ou autre support) USB, d'ou son nom img2key...

Comme en général la taille de l'image est inférieur à la taille du support, il pouvait être intéressant d'étendre la nouvelle partition à toute la taille du support, j'ai donc ajouté un module qui se charge de ce travail...

Rapidement est venue le besoin de dupliquer un support usb vers un autre, ce qui a donné le module copy2key...

Ce type de programme nécessite de pouvoir au moins formater le support, j'ai donc ajouter le module format...

Un autre élément essentiel est de pouvoir consulter les informations des supports (taille, type et nombre de partitions, taux d'occupation, géométrie, numéro de série, (PID et VID) etc...), le tout si possible avec une représentation graphique et la possibilité de changer rapidement l'état du drapeau d'amorçage ou le label du support... Tout cela est accessible grâce au module info2key...

Un module expérimental (à utiliser avec toutes les précautions qui s'imposent) permet de mettre le support en lecture seule ou lecture et écriture, d'ignorer ou pas les erreurs, de faire un reset support etc. Je l'ai baptise rep2key...

Pour le fun et pour trouver des fichiers image, j'ai ajouté un autre module, celui-ci permet à l'utilisateur d'ajouter ou de supprimer les liens de son choix. C'est le module téléchargements...

Pour rendre son utilisation plus conviviale, img2key est traduit en Anglais (merci cogier) et en Espagnol.

Img2key est compatible avec :
- ToOpPy-2.2 (distribution de développement)
- Triton-6.0
- Tahrpup-6.0.5
- ArtfulPup-17.11+16
- Xenialpup-7.5
- Tahrpup64-6.0.5.

NB: Pour la version Tahrpup64-6.0.5 il faudra utiliser la version gambas3_3.9.2_amd64.sfs.
Les autres distributions 32Bit utilisent gambas3_3.10.0.sfs.

Le lien de téléchargement donne accès (cliquer sur moi) :
- Au code source.zip
- Aux 2 versions de Gambas3 (32 et 64Bit au format .sfs)
- Et à la dernière version de img2key-1.2.10.sfs

Bonne journée.
didier18

Re: img2key

Post by didier18 »

Hello

a small video (click on me)
which shows some img2key possibilities.
Thank you Anaxagore.

Have a nice day.
cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier »

That's a very professional video!
didier18

Post by didier18 »

Hello to all

Here is a version of img2key for Mint 18.2, 18.3 and Mint 19 (click on me).

Thanks to cogier for the precious help he gave me, both in translation, programming and especially his patience for the many tests performed.

I hope this version will be of service to you.

Have a nice day.