Editor issues with 3.11.2

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
stevedee

Editor issues with 3.11.2

Post by stevedee »

Has anyone noticed any "editor" problems when using the latest Gambas 3.11.2 as compared to earlier versions?

1) I tend to use the shortcut <shift><ins> to paste text previously copied on the clip-board. This no longer works. It just changes the Insert mode.

2) when I declare a new variable like this:-
Dim strMyWord as String
I should then be able to type "strM" and see a list including my new variable. This no longer works straight away. It seems to start working some time later during editing, maybe after I've left the current function.

3) I used to be able to type "the" and it would auto complete "Then". But now the list contains "the", "Then" and sometimes "there"
cogier
Site Admin

Re: Editor issues with 3.11.2

Post by cogier »

Yes I have seen these changes as well and I have had to turn off the auto "[{( feature that closes the brackets etc automatically.

On the plus side the Terminal is much better.
stevedee

Post by stevedee »

cogier wrote: Wednesday 30th May 2018 2:37pm ...I have had to turn off the auto "[{( feature that closes the brackets etc automatically...
That's funny, I had to do that as well.
In my case its because I spend so much time editing out errors that it was just annoying. Its probably a good feature when you are just typing code straight into the editor.

Shortcuts like copy & paste can be configured via "Configure shortcuts..." option. But <shift><Ins> should be a system wide paste method, and it does seem to work in all the other applications that I've tried on Lubuntu 17.
cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier »

That's funny, I had to do that as well.
I had the same issues. It struck me that if there was a character after the insertion of a bracket etc. then don't add the closed one, if there is a space or a newline character after the insertion point then, yes, add the closed one. I'll have to have a look and see if that can be changed and tested.