[Solved] ValueBox with type DateTime

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
Got2BeFree

[Solved] ValueBox with type DateTime

Post by Got2BeFree »

Does anyone know how to change the size of the calendar/time popup when using a ValueBox with the type DateTime. It doesn't look like it based on the attached image, but the numbers in the time part of the popup in the image is actually too small and my tired, old eyes have a hard time seeing those times. The date numbers aren't so bad.

A DateBox has the same issue.
datetime_valuebox_20190202_001130.png
datetime_valuebox_20190202_001130.png (37.25 KiB) Viewed 4042 times
sholzy
Last edited by Got2BeFree on Saturday 2nd February 2019 5:49pm, edited 1 time in total.
sholzy

I'm wondering around lost in the past, not knowing where the present is.
cogier
Site Admin

Re: ValueBox with type DateTime

Post by cogier »

I could not find a way to increase the size of the text so I wrote a new calendar dialogue.

Have a look at the attached.
CalendarDialogue.tar.gz
(25.99 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
Got2BeFree

Re: ValueBox with type DateTime

Post by Got2BeFree »

Hmmm... interesting. I've created popup calendars before (same as your example), but never thought of creating a popup time selector.

It used to be when using the DateTime chooser or a ValueBox with type DateTime it was 3 clicks to open the dialog, select time, and select date. Somewhere in the past few Gambas versions it changed. It now takes 2 clicks to open dialog and select date. Then it takes 2 more clicks to open the dialog again to select a time. 4 clicks total to select time and date.

With that said, i'll do like your example and create separate date and time selectors, since it will be the same number of clicks as the current way of using the ValueBox with DateTime.

Thanks, Charlie!
sholzy

I'm wondering around lost in the past, not knowing where the present is.