M3U Music Player

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
Cedron

M3U Music Player

Post by Cedron »

(Edit: There is a better version in the next post below.)
M3uPlayer-0.0.9.tar.gz
(16.49 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
So, I like to listen to music. I'm pretty sure I am not alone with this. I've been a little bit disappointed with the available Linux offerings in that none of them seem to be able to properly interpret Windows style M3U files. Thus, with the handy dandy MediaPlayer, I was able to write one fairly easily in Gambas and here it is for you.

After I got the M3U and individual file stuff working, I decided it would be a whole lot more useful to be able to select files by directories. It only took one button to accomplish that. Geez, Gambas is easy.

Of course, it isn't fully polished, nor probably fully finished, but it does work and work the way I want. I hope you all like it too.

Ced
Last edited by Cedron on Saturday 29th June 2019 4:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... and carry a big stick!
Cedron

Re: M3U Music Player

Post by Cedron »

M3uPlayer-0.0.11.tar.gz
(17.37 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
Here is an improved version of the Music Player. Thanks to Cogier, it is now expandable so going full screen is actually useful.

It works just like I want it to. I only have one outstanding question for others: Is no-repeat on random play a desirable feature?

Ced
.... and carry a big stick!
stevedee

Re: M3U Music Player

Post by stevedee »

Cedron wrote: Saturday 29th June 2019 4:40pm ... I only have one outstanding question for others: Is no-repeat on random play a desirable feature?
Assuming that you mean no single track should be repeated in a random playlist of music files; I would agree. What people generally seem to want is a pseudo-random list, not a truly random one. They don't want to hear the same track played twice.

BTW, my player updates the playlist each time the player is started (in case files have been added or removed from the player):-
Shell "find " & MUSIC & " -type f -iname *.ogg -o -name *.wma -o -iname *.mp3 > " & MUSIC & "playlist" 

..then mplayer shuffles the playlist:-
Exec ["mplayer", "-shuffle", "-playlist", MUSIC & "playlist"]