Scann gambas projects directory application

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
tincho

Scann gambas projects directory application

Post by tincho »

Hello everyone.
TercoIDE told me that Quincunxian created a program to create a pdf with the information of a project.
Well I do this in something similar.
If anyone is interested in participating in any of this please contact me.
Project is not yet in github but coming soon will be.
Regards.
Serban

Re: Scann gambas projects directory application

Post by Serban »

tincho wrote: Saturday 2nd May 2020 1:11am [...] create a pdf with the information of a project. [...]
Hi! :D
Can you be more specific? What kind of information would you like to gather about the project?
I am asking that because what you are asking is very vague.
My program, DirLister, is able to list everything that is in a directory.
If you mean that, take a look into the file below: The file is [text/plain] so you can view it either with DirLister OR with any [text/plain] MIME type editor.
But again, is this what you mean by "information on a project"?
You can download DirLister from here:
DirLister V 0.7.4
And about the PDF version. It's simple. I use "Print..." and instead of my default printer, I choose "Print to PDF File".
Best regards! :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”― Edmund Burke;
It's easy to die for an idea. It is way harder to LIVE for your idea! (Me)
tincho

Post by tincho »

Serban wrote: Sunday 3rd May 2020 6:51am...Can you be more specific? What kind of information would you like to gather about the project?...
...But again, is this what you mean by "information on a project"?...
Hi, Serban.
I will try to expand the idea.
I wan to read the entire project structure and its code, then index everything, for each project in some directory.
After that show all the info in a program for search many thing such code snippets, projects that use some specific component by developer.
I attach some screenshots.
80% of the project is finished, the indexing of the code of each class and module is missing. For you can search intelligently within all of these.
Best regards.
Attachments
Captura de pantalla_2020-05-06_22-39-19.png
Captura de pantalla_2020-05-06_22-39-19.png (220.46 KiB) Viewed 5444 times
Captura de pantalla_2020-05-06_22-39-11.png
Captura de pantalla_2020-05-06_22-39-11.png (94.16 KiB) Viewed 5444 times
Quincunxian

Post by Quincunxian »

I'm in a similar position with my Application, the 'Gambas Project Review Utility' ; It's about 85% done.
I built it up over the last 5 or so year to help me with managing projects and doing exactly what tincho indicated.
It scans a project and allows you to search for code, print source code, variable lists and a full Project breakdown.
Applications with databases, can review the data, extract to Csv, XML or JSon.
Create database scripts to re-create the table, write the Gambas code for reading & writing to the database.
SQLite only at the moment but MySQL & PostGres are the next additions for the same functionality.
Attached is the Documentation of a gambas Project that I have that runs my home budget and a screen shot
of the same in the review utility. Note # The document index still needs some refinement.

I'm currently working on the automated Application Help creation which will allow you to select specific gambas Forms, add additional pages
and then enter help information for the application so it can be added to the project in a single help folder that contains the html, css and images.

I also have an app that allows you to quickly write application tips similar to the Gambas 'Tips of the Day'
and a utility that allows you to write the settings code for read write and a default value. It can save a lot of time.

Any programmer, professional or hobbiest tends to write some toolbox code after a while.

One annoying thing ! Trying to determine the creation date of a project is hard, due to the way Linux does not store the creation date stamp of files ( that I can see)
I have recently re-built my dev box and when I copied back in my projects folder, all the files date-times stamps were updated to reflect that date. :roll:
I'm going to request that a DateCreated=YYYY-MM-DD be added to the .project file in gambas projects.
Attachments
Home Budget.txt.tar.gz
Full project documentation
(36.91 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
Screenshot of the Review utility
Screenshot of the Review utility
Selection_007.png (86.86 KiB) Viewed 5438 times
Cheers - Quin.
I code therefore I am