Project type differences

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
twinsonian

Project type differences

Post by twinsonian »

I was hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on the differences in project types when creating a new project.

Specifically: Graphical application, GTK 2/3 application, and Qt Application. What I would like to know is what does the graphical application option mean. It doesnt use GTK or Qt?

I also read in some places that people find that using the Qt option gives different looking GUIs on different desktop environments or distributions. Does anyone know if the graphical application option or the GTK option(s) have the same issue?

Thank you
cogier
Site Admin

Re: Project type differences

Post by cogier »

What I would like to know is what does the graphical application option mean. It doesnt use GTK or Qt?
Ahh! But it does. Have a look the Components list (Project>Properties>Components). You will see that is shows gb.gui which uses your distros default. *buntu,Mint etc use GTK while Fedora etc use gb.gui.qt = QT.
Specifically: Graphical application, GTK 2/3 application, and Qt Application.
You can choose which Component to use. Graphical application will use your distro's default. GTK 2/3 application will use GTK 2 or 3 depending on what's installed on your system and the same applies to QT which will use QT4 or QT5.

I find QT to be better than GTK even though I use Linux Mint (GTK) but that is only my opinion...
twinsonian

Re: Project type differences

Post by twinsonian »

Thank you