Upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 broke Gambas

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
issboss

Upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 broke Gambas

Post by issboss »

Every project I try to compile/run has some sort of library missing. When I go to the Library tab in the Properties for any project, I get "No libraries were found on your system".

I've tried loading one critical component (gb.qt4) manually, but I'm told "can't find it". When I first select the project, I get a popup stating "Ccomponent.load.626 User Control class is missing in gb.form component exported classes." (whatever that means).

I seem to have a partial install, but not everything I need to continue developing my applications. If a full re-install would help, how do I go about that and not lose any of my projects? The current ppa I'm using is: ppa:gambas-team/gambas3/ubuntu focal main AND ppa:gambas-team/gambas3/ubuntu focal main (Source Code).

Bill
Retired 20-year USN veteran. In IT field since 1961.
cage

Re: Upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 broke Gambas

Post by cage »

You could use Synaptic to load the missing libraries but Gambas 3.15 is buggy at best. I wouldn't recommend going with the latest version yet.
vuott

Post by vuott »

issboss wrote: Saturday 18th July 2020 6:08pmI've tried loading one critical component (gb.qt4) manually, but I'm told "can't find it".
Ubuntu 20.04 no longer supports "qt4" libraries and "keyring", so don't be afraid if those components are no longer installed.
You will use qt5 library.
Europaeus sum !

Amare memorentes atque deflentes ad mortem silenter labimur.
issboss

Post by issboss »

I'm sorry I'm not back sooner. I haven't received any notification of reply emails.

Not frightened of the loss of qt4. I did go back into the Properties of the project and shift all the ones that used qt4 to qt5 by changing the check marks. This did work and I was able to compile my projects once more. The User Control Class popup went away, too.

I should have scanned the list of available components closer before making this thread. I am happy to say the upgrade from 18.10 to 20.04 (through 19.04) was much easier than my Windows upgrades from Windows 3.0 through everything up to Windows 10.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Bill
Retired 20-year USN veteran. In IT field since 1961.
sjsepan

Post by sjsepan »

Well, I'm glad you did, because I saw the library warning in my projects -- just haven't gone back to deal with them yet. And I didn't know about the Qt4 change in 20.04, and now I do.
Thanks to you and the others.
Steve S
issboss wrote: Sunday 19th July 2020 1:20am I'm sorry I'm not back sooner. I haven't received any notification of reply emails.

Not frightened of the loss of qt4. I did go back into the Properties of the project and shift all the ones that used qt4 to qt5 by changing the check marks. This did work and I was able to compile my projects once more. The User Control Class popup went away, too.

I should have scanned the list of available components closer before making this thread. I am happy to say the upgrade from 18.10 to 20.04 (through 19.04) was much easier than my Windows upgrades from Windows 3.0 through everything up to Windows 10.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Bill