keyboard alllways activ, even not programmed

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
vito49

keyboard alllways activ, even not programmed

Post by vito49 »

Hello, the keyboard problem was solved but I have a new problem with the keyboard even it is not in the code.
It's strange but my program reacts every time I press the backspace button ... let's say I start the application and everything works normal, I press the keyboord backspace and the focus jumps to a certain place, a message .... I hit the backspace again and the focus turns to another place in the program, an other message and switches off the timer ...
I unchecked (hopefully this is the correct word, I'm not English) all messages, but with no positive result, I removed the keyboard function from my program but no result, I tested with another keyboard but with no positive result : hitting the backspace of the keyboard the focus of my program jumps to a certain place, and it shouldn't.
I hope I made myself understandable and you can see what I mean, it's not always easy to write in English :oops:
Hopefully you have mercy with this old man :D
Thanks in advance

BTW: it has the same error when started as an executable outside the gambas editor.
Vito
born 19 may 1949
using Gambas3 for therapy ;)
on a Manjaro XFCE4 PC
stevedee

Re: keyboard alllways activ, even not programmed

Post by stevedee »

vito49 wrote: Monday 21st December 2020 9:54am ...I hope I made myself understandable and you can see what I mean, it's not always easy to write in English...
Your English is very good!
...Hopefully you have mercy with this old man...
...and don't call yourself OLD...I'm only a couple of years behind you!

Can you post a copy of your program (or an extract if you prefer) as that will enable us to check it out straight away (rather than us having to write our own test code).
ocoquet

Post by ocoquet »

hi From France, (my English is as poor as possible :lol: )

Are you sure than the backspace is not a shortcut in your linux desktop ?????

Regards
Olivier
PS: I'm Just then years under you and we are not old, just mature :lol: :lol: :lol:
Olivier Coquet
Gambas Dev
Le Forum développeur Gambas
vito49

Post by vito49 »

stevedee wrote: Monday 21st December 2020 10:21am Can you post a copy of your program (or an extract if you prefer) as that will enable us to check it out straight away (rather than us having to write our own test code).
Mmmm ... I don't know if I don't slap in someones face with it, it's a kinky program about a dominant and her ... her online submissive man. The program is the Mistress and the user the submissive. If you can assure me I will not be banned from this forum I don't mind to post a working part of the code. I will remove also all shocking pictures and replace the originals by other nice pics. :lol: :lol:

Please let me know.
Vito
born 19 may 1949
on a Manjaro XFCE4 PC
stevedee

Post by stevedee »

vito49 wrote: Monday 21st December 2020 11:38am
stevedee wrote: Monday 21st December 2020 10:21am Can you post a copy of your program (or an extract if you prefer) as that will enable us to check it out straight away (rather than us having to write our own test code).
Mmmm ... I don't know if I don't slap in someones face with it, it's a kinky program about a dominant and her...
Hmmm...this sounds like a question for admins Charlie or Jornmo...maybe just post the KeyPress parts of the code.

To post small sections of code, click on the gb edit button and just paste your code between the "gb" and "/gb" tags. This makes it easier to read because it preserves Gambas formatting
vito49

Post by vito49 »

ocoquet wrote: Monday 21st December 2020 10:50am Are you sure than the backspace is not a shortcut in your linux desktop ?????
I searched for these shortcuts but am unable to find them on my XFCE Manjaro ....
Do you have any idea where I can find them?
Thanks in advance.
Vito
born 19 may 1949
on a Manjaro XFCE4 PC
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

The behaviour you describe is the behaviour of the Tab button. changing focus.

If your Gambas program has no code to do anything with backspace then there must be a shortcut set in your linux doing it.

Check your programs menu shortcuts.
check XFCE4 keyboard settings.
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier »

vito49 wrote: Monday 21st December 2020 11:38am
Mmmm ... I don't know if I don't slap in someones face with it, it's a kinky program about a dominant and her ... her online submissive man. The program is the Mistress and the user the submissive. If you can assure me I will not be banned from this forum I don't mind to post a working part of the code. I will remove also all shocking pictures and replace the originals by other nice pics. :lol: :lol:

Please let me know.
Please send the code to me Charlie admin at gambas dot one. If it's Ok I will post it for you. I think it will be alright as we are all old enough. I'm only 5 years behind you. ;) You asked which is nice. :D
ocoquet

Post by ocoquet »

I think it's something like:

on desktop, Menu / Preferences / keyboard

on my Xubuntu.

regards
Olivier
Olivier Coquet
Gambas Dev
Le Forum développeur Gambas
vito49

Post by vito49 »

BruceSteers wrote: Monday 21st December 2020 3:08pm The behaviour you describe is the behaviour of the Tab button. changing focus.

If your Gambas program has no code to do anything with backspace then there must be a shortcut set in your linux doing it.

Check your programs menu shortcuts.
check XFCE4 keyboard settings.
Bruce, at the moment there is no code for using the keyboard in my program, but I like to insert it because it is a better way to hit an item than a button
Anyway, if you have more possibilities in mind, please let me know.
Vito
born 19 may 1949
on a Manjaro XFCE4 PC