Gambas Discord

Feel free to talk about non programming issues here.
Lavos

Gambas Discord

Post by Lavos »

Any thoughts of creating a channel for this community? I for one agree to this.
Got2BeFree

Re: Gambas Discord

Post by Got2BeFree »

I used to have the Gambas Guru/GambasForum and had chat (text) rooms available for members to use for real-time help. Problem was, questions were asked but since the forum usually didn't have a steady flow of members online, the rooms were of little use to someone needing real-time help.

I'm not against having something like Discord and think it would be a great tool for helping to solve coding issues. But I also think it would take away valuable reference material from being posted to a forum thread for future new Gambas users to search through. I just don't think it would be utilized much since most members on here are not on here for periods of time.
sholzy

I'm wondering around lost in the past, not knowing where the present is.
cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier »

I'm with sholzy on this one. it's a shame but I don't think that there is enough of us out there to make it work.

If you look here you will see that the lowest language has only 0.26% and I suspect Gambas is well below that in popularity. We need more users then it might work.
Technopeasant

Post by Technopeasant »

Got2BeFree wrote: Friday 23rd August 2019 4:44amBut I also think it would take away valuable reference material from being posted to a forum thread for future new Gambas users to search through.
This. I for one am dismayed at the popularity of Discord. Just seems like an endless series of walled gardens. I like being able to back search through forums.
Technical director,
Piga Software
http://icculus.org/piga/