regards
Sony

stevedee

Re: so silent

Post by stevedee » Friday 02nd February 2018 8:32am

sony wrote:
Thursday 01st February 2018 11:56pm
...It's so silent. I'm worry this forum will be sleep forever. :(
So, are you working on any Gambas related projects at the moment Sony?
I'm currently working on my Bat Call Logger which uses a very simple Gambas program, but there is nothing very unusual or interesting in this code.

This forum does go through quiet periods from time to time, because we have a relatively small number of visitors, and I guess most of us have other interests and obligations that soak up our time. But generally, any posts are quickly answered by someone.

Can you think of an aspect of Gambas, or maybe programming in general, that you would like to discuss?

cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier » Saturday 03rd February 2018 11:55am

Hi sony,

It is a shame that there is not more activity on the site but it seems that Gambas is a niche programming language. I would expect a little more traffic when you see the amount of downloads some of the 'Farm' software gets.

I put an email address in the programs I publish but I have only had 2 people email me despite my most popular program having been downloaded 769 times! I am now putting links to this site in the some of the programs I publish to see if that helps.

I have also added the site to http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/forum?nh. I think it is the only Gambas English language forum still going.

I have even thought of setting up a fake user and asking some simple questions to encourage those who might feel the site is not for people who are new to Gambas. So if you are a new Gambas user reading this please feel free to ask any question, we were all beginners once!

If you have any ideas that would increase the traffic please post here or email me at admin at Gambas dot one and thank you for your interest in the site.

jornmo
Site Admin

Post by jornmo » Sunday 04th February 2018 3:25pm

My life situation has left me with very little time for my hobby programming lately, so I'm just keeping an eye for questions here that i can chip in on.

sony

Post by sony » Tuesday 06th February 2018 12:49am

Hello,
I learn anything related with automation. I start learn programming language with Qbasic only with help inside, no teacher no internet, just copy/paste and try :)
My latest project still use camera module with RPi and run with your help.
I hope there is someone do in my topic viewtopic.php?f=4&p=995#p995

cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier » Wednesday 07th February 2018 8:29am

Code: Select all

My latest project still use camera module with RPi and run with your help.
I'm interested in this. Have you got some code we can look at. I wrote PiCamera which is on the Farm if that helps.

sony

Post by sony » Thursday 08th February 2018 6:17am

Hi Charlie,
All of my code based on your code (PiCam_Sony.tar) in viewtopic.php?f=4&t=549&start=10
I just add a trigger from RPi I/O to take a picture. The serial data used for write and read the setting amount of pulse to start the trigger.
I share the code in the link above.
Sony