so silent

Feel free to talk about non programming issues here.
sony

so silent

Post by sony »

Hello...
It's so silent. I'm worry this forum will be sleep forever. :(

regards
Sony
stevedee

Re: so silent

Post by stevedee »

sony wrote: Thursday 1st February 2018 11:56pm ...It's so silent. I'm worry this forum will be sleep forever. :(
So, are you working on any Gambas related projects at the moment Sony?
I'm currently working on my Bat Call Logger which uses a very simple Gambas program, but there is nothing very unusual or interesting in this code.

This forum does go through quiet periods from time to time, because we have a relatively small number of visitors, and I guess most of us have other interests and obligations that soak up our time. But generally, any posts are quickly answered by someone.

Can you think of an aspect of Gambas, or maybe programming in general, that you would like to discuss?
cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier »

Hi sony,

It is a shame that there is not more activity on the site but it seems that Gambas is a niche programming language. I would expect a little more traffic when you see the amount of downloads some of the 'Farm' software gets.

I put an email address in the programs I publish but I have only had 2 people email me despite my most popular program having been downloaded 769 times! I am now putting links to this site in the some of the programs I publish to see if that helps.

I have also added the site to http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/forum?nh. I think it is the only Gambas English language forum still going.

I have even thought of setting up a fake user and asking some simple questions to encourage those who might feel the site is not for people who are new to Gambas. So if you are a new Gambas user reading this please feel free to ask any question, we were all beginners once!

If you have any ideas that would increase the traffic please post here or email me at admin at Gambas dot one and thank you for your interest in the site.
jornmo
Site Admin

Post by jornmo »

My life situation has left me with very little time for my hobby programming lately, so I'm just keeping an eye for questions here that i can chip in on.
sony

Post by sony »

Hello,
I learn anything related with automation. I start learn programming language with Qbasic only with help inside, no teacher no internet, just copy/paste and try :)
My latest project still use camera module with RPi and run with your help.
I hope there is someone do in my topic viewtopic.php?f=4&p=995#p995
cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier »

Code: Select all

My latest project still use camera module with RPi and run with your help.
I'm interested in this. Have you got some code we can look at. I wrote PiCamera which is on the Farm if that helps.
sony

Post by sony »

Hi Charlie,
All of my code based on your code (PiCam_Sony.tar) in viewtopic.php?f=4&t=549&start=10
I just add a trigger from RPi I/O to take a picture. The serial data used for write and read the setting amount of pulse to start the trigger.
I share the code in the link above.
Sony
Digitaus

Post by Digitaus »

A question then from an ex VB user... Can I download a tool from the "Farm" and, if happy with the tool, add the class to gambas to be ready for use at any time? and if so, how? and where?

Sorry for asking but I had a sizeable haemorrhage type stroke last year and as yet I'm not quite as quick as I ounce was.
stevedee

Post by stevedee »

Digitaus wrote: Friday 18th January 2019 1:05am A question then from an ex VB user...
I'd like to wish you a speedy recovery Digitaus and (as this looks like your first post) welcome to the forum!

You should able to take Gambas code and reuse it, either as just a class file that you add to a Gambas project when needed, or as a Gambas Library.

Can you give us a specific example of what you would like to reuse?
Digitaus

Post by Digitaus »

Hi stevedee, I used to belong here but I believe the site upgrade and two hard drive crashes was since... thank you also for the recovery wishes.
The class that I want to use is the VerticalProgressbar by jornmo, I was talking with him at the time but lost everything with a H/D crash just after, started rebuilding and lost another.
The reason I was talking to jornmo at the time was because I needed it vertical and needed to overlay a graphic of a bottle to show a representation of a mixture of 2 fluids in the bottle. At the time I had only just started using Linux and was porting some of my VB programs to get an idea how Gambas worked.
The back up I had was just "broken" and so I'm starting again but I'm still stuck on the adding/implementation of the VPBar. I've added the class, but where's the graphic in the toolbox? I'm lost.
Digitaus.