We're now GDPR compliant

Feel free to talk about non programming issues here.
jornmo
Site Admin

We're now GDPR compliant

Post by jornmo »

Now we will bug you with those pesky 'I accept' this and that, and read all this and this :)

Enjoy 8-)
Got2BeFree

Re: We're now GDPR compliant

Post by Got2BeFree »

This (GDPR) has been a PAIN in my butt! :x Even after jumping through all the hoops, I've been bugged by a pop up on every link I click. It worked ok at first, but after a few months the problems began. The only way I can log in, navigate, post, or reply is to open each link in a new tab. Each click has to be opened as a new tab.

I've tried clearing my browser cookies, clearing the board cookies from the link at the page bottom has done nothing to resolve this. Can someone please shake the db a little and hopefully that piece of stored data will fall out letting me start afresh? :lol:
Screenshot_20181221_132848.png
Screenshot_20181221_132848.png (45.09 KiB) Viewed 10662 times
sholzy

I'm wondering around lost in the past, not knowing where the present is.
Got2BeFree

Post by Got2BeFree »

Any hope of getting this resolved?
sholzy

Got2BeFree

Post by Got2BeFree »

I've found a (temporary?) solution. Not sure why I started getting those popup notices months after I had accepted the cookie policy. I'd get the popup saying I needed to accept the policy, but there wasn't anything provided to accept. For fun and giggles I disabled my ad blocker, and low and behold a banner appeared before my very eyes allowing me to accept the cookie policy! Enabled the ad blocker again and all is still working correctly (for now).
sholzy

stevedee

Post by stevedee »

Just stumbled over the "Gambas ONE cookie problem" when I picked up my wife's iPad to do a Gambas search. You can reproduce this by either using a computer on which you have never accepted cookies for this site, or by installing another web browser, or simply by deleting your GambasONE cookie.

The problem is that if a non-GambasONE user does a web search for (say) "Gambas did you know" the GambasONE site appears as one of the results in the search list. You can then open the link (that works fine) but if you try to select another page from that thread you get the "forum.gambas.one says You cannot access links on this board until you have accepted the Cookie Policy.".

There is no indication on how to accept the policy, and I believe the only way is actually to go to:-
http://forum.gambas.one
...and start from there by selecting the "I accept" link.

This problem may be losing traffic for Gambas ONE
cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier »

I am informed that this should now be fixed. The top man Jorno has been looking at this for me.
stevedee

Post by stevedee »

cogier wrote: Saturday 2nd November 2019 1:25pm ...top man Jorno has been looking at this...
Thanks top-men Jornmo & cogier!
Last edited by stevedee on Sunday 3rd November 2019 8:10am, edited 1 time in total.
jornmo
Site Admin

Post by jornmo »

Hello good fellas!

I have been sort of absent for some time, caught up with life's twists and turns.
Sorry for the pesky GDPR-behaviour. It was due to a mis-configured plugin.
Please report back if you still have got issues.

Coiger - that sounds like something I hear when in Italy - buongiorno, pronounced bonn djorno, meaning good morning :lol: