Computers and Life...

Feel free to talk about non programming issues here.
stevedee

Re: Computers and Life...

Post by stevedee »

Got2BeFree wrote: Friday 17th May 2019 3:08am...May have to wait until I retire in a few years before I can be normal again...
Hey! don't expect to have more free time when you retire. I think what happens is that you take on bigger, longer term projects when you have retired from full time employment, so you end up with less free time.

Also, other family members load you up because 'you are obviously doing nothing.'

And as my wife has just joined me in retirement, I seem to have 'lists' of things to do which squeeze my free [play] time even more.
Got2BeFree

Re: Computers and Life...

Post by Got2BeFree »

Back in our Gambas Guru days, I had attempted to set up a git repo for our members but ended up going no where with it.

In the past 2 years I hadn't started any new projects, just maintained a few heavily used ones. Last March I decided to start a new one and a few days later, it was all gone.

stevedee wrote: Monday 20th May 2019 8:44pm
Got2BeFree wrote: Friday 17th May 2019 3:08am...May have to wait until I retire in a few years before I can be normal again...
Hey! don't expect to have more free time when you retire. I think what happens is that you take on bigger, longer term projects when you have retired from full time employment, so you end up with less free time.

Also, other family members load you up because 'you are obviously doing nothing.'

And as my wife has just joined me in retirement, I seem to have 'lists' of things to do which squeeze my free [play] time even more.
Oh, I'll have a lot more free time when I retire. My nearest family is 1200 miles away so no worries about family asking for my "assistance" with their "projects". Since my wife is 20 years younger than me she'll be busy working, and i'll be enjoying doing whatever I want to do! :mrgreen:

My wife hasn't learned about honey-do lists yet, and she isn't big on projects anyway. She also enjoys having plenty of free time too.
sholzy

I'm wondering around lost in the past, not knowing where the present is.