Gambas on single board computers

Feel free to talk about non programming issues here.
Got2BeFree

Gambas on single board computers

Post by Got2BeFree »

I've been away from using SBC's for quite some time now. How is the status of using Gambas on SBCs. Any SBC's that work better than another for Gambas?
sholzy

I'm wondering around lost in the past, not knowing where the present is.
cogier
Site Admin

Re: Gambas on single board computers

Post by cogier »

I use Raspberry Pis, I have just got a Pi 4, and Gambas runs well on them. If you install the latest Raspbian based on Debian Buster you can install Gambas 3.12 with a simple apt-get. I even wrote a camera GUI for the pi which is available here.
Got2BeFree

Re: Gambas on single board computers

Post by Got2BeFree »

Earlier this past week I bought an AtomicPi. It's a decently spec'd (pdf), snappy little system that runs Debian 10 with KDE quite well.

It wasn't originally designed for what it's being sold as. These boards were originally for some sort of a robot, but the company went belly-up and someone bought up the stock of boards and called it AtomicPi. It has only one usb 3.0 port, so the only way to connect a drive, along with a mouse and keyboard is to use a USB hub, but it does have 2 usb2.0 header connectors. It also requires a 5v, 4 amp power source. No cases are available to buy, but there are plans available online if you want to print one up.

So, for about $40 USD, plus the cost of the addons, you could have a fanless desktop system. I'm thinking about buying a few more and seeing what I could do with them.
sholzy

I'm wondering around lost in the past, not knowing where the present is.