How to display a round object?

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
cogier
Site Admin

Re: How to display a round object?

Post by cogier »

That's the trouble people doesn't speak proper no more! :D
Cedron

Post by Cedron »

issboss wrote: Monday 9th December 2019 8:58pm Interesting thread, Cedron. The Author in me couldn't resist a little editing. In the last post of the thread: "run it up the flag pool" ??? Sorry. it's my OCD kicking in.

Bill
Having lived with OCD people, I fixed it for you.

Hopefully you recognize the line from the movie "12 Angry Men".

Nobody seems to have recognized, or at least mentioned it, that the state model (TS_Ready, TS_Attack, TS_Decay, TS_Sustain, TS_Release) I used is actually the standard model for a musical note and the program is really a prototype for a Midi renderer.

It's all in how you see things, and of course, morely done proper speaking.
.... and carry a big stick!
issboss

Post by issboss »

:lol: Thanks. I appreciate that. Keep on doing gooder then others

Bill
Retired 20-year USN veteran. In IT field since 1961.
issboss

Post by issboss »

So as not to keep anyone in suspense, here's what I've come up with so far. I'll add the working file as an attachment. I know it is FULL of outright horrible programming techniques, but I tend to attack a problem, solve it, THEN make it pretty. Seems to be easier that way.

It's a simple thing, the switches and lights work (especially when the "computer" is turned on and the Auto/Manual is in Manual. You can set switch patterns into registers and transfer them from register to register. RAM has just 16K (40000 Octal).

There is a menu item for Saving "RAM", but I haven't finished the Loading into RAM portion. I'm working on a sort-of compiler for this computer, but it's slow going. I used this computer for almost 15 years while in the Navy, and was the only Navy-wide programmer for 7 of those 15. It's common name was Outstation Processing Unit and was in every outstation of a worldwide HFDF network. Fantastic machine, given the age and its age. Runs on OCTAL, so be wary.

Bill
Attachments
BR-133-0.0.1.tar.gz
(790.46 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
Got2BeFree

Post by Got2BeFree »

Interesting. I like playing with old equipment, even if it's just a simulation.

2 issues...
Screenshot_20191211_221655.png
Screenshot_20191211_221655.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 6040 times
1. Good thing I use dual monitors! ;) When FMain's Form Resizable property is set to "False", as you can see I need 2 monitors to hold the app's window. When the property is set to "True" the window fits on one screen. You must be using a high-resolution monitor? Also, for whatever reason (I haven't dug into it yet), the switch and lamp images don't line up properly.

2. When quitting an app, you should use "Close", not "Quit". Has something to do with the app ending properly and not leaving behind any crud. It's documented somewhere, I just can't locate it right now.

Edit: Found two of the references for using "Close", not "Quit"...
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/quit
https://gambas-user.narkive.com/Isrt3N2 ... pplication
There was another reference that went into better detail, but that's the one I can't locate.
sholzy

I'm wondering around lost in the past, not knowing where the present is.
issboss

Post by issboss »

When I created the main form, I set Resize to False. If it goes True, none of the controls will resize or move from their original positions. Yes, I do have a widescreen monitor (1920 x 1080). What seems strange, to me anyway, is the double representation of the three lit lights and the rotary switch. Would that be because the positions "start over" at the right edge of the un-resized form when resized?

I'll change to "Close" right away. Quit didn't sound right to me, but I couldn't find anything definitive. Thanks for the references. What I did in VB was to close all the open windows, then shut down any programming loops, then end the program. I should have followed that practice.

It was/is a fun thing to program.

Bill