Expand force

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
squidink7

Expand force

Post by squidink7 »

Hey there, I was wondering if it was possible to set how "powerful" an expand property is. I'm making a simple timetable application which resizes everything to the window size but I noticed that the "recess" and "lunch" sections were just as large as the other sections which contain subject information and imo should be larger.
I've lined everything up in hboxes and set them all to expand so when the window gets resized they will grow/shrink with it. Is there a way to preserve this while also making the recess and lunch lines comparatively smaller? Thanks.
BruceSteers

Re: Expand force

Post by BruceSteers »

you can't change expand settings unfortunately.

to make the specific lines a different size i'd simply change the font size for those lines.
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier »

Do you mean like this?

squidink7

Post by squidink7 »

Yes I do! although as long as the buttons expand in all directions. The times on the left should stay the same size
cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier »

squidink7 wrote: Sunday 31st January 2021 12:35am Yes I do! although as long as the buttons expand in all directions. The times on the left should stay the same size
Can you post the form or the program, so I can see what there is to do.
squidink7

Post by squidink7 »

Thanks for the help everyone, sorry I didn't respond sooner got a lot of stuff going on rn. I've come across a solution (ish) which is just to hide the elements when the form gets too small.
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

squidink7 wrote: Monday 8th February 2021 9:09am Thanks for the help everyone, sorry I didn't respond sooner got a lot of stuff going on rn. I've come across a solution (ish) which is just to hide the elements when the form gets too small.
the development branch of gambas now has Form.MinWidth and Form.MinHeight so you can now stop the form getting too small :)
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS