problem with creating installer package

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
sadams54

problem with creating installer package

Post by sadams54 »

I am using gambas 3.18.2 on fedora 36. I have found what I consider to be a serious issue. When I create an rpm or install package for my project it does not work. No dependencies are installed not even the gambas runtime. I have to install them all manually then run the rpm. I am not a beginner and have done these before many times but now this version seems to be causing my install packages to be useless to anybody that does not already have the runtimes.

Did something change and I am now doing it wrong or is there a glitch?

basically what happens if I try to install the rpm I get a list of gambas3-gb-***** entries that are not installed including gambas3-runtime, These normally automatically install from the rpm.
BruceSteers

Re: problem with creating installer package

Post by BruceSteers »

Did you add any dependencies in the section of the installer wizard?

You may have to add manually.

Did it work okay on previous fedora?

I've never made one so I do not know if it should add dependencies automatically.

The other Bruce should be able to help, I think he wrote some of (or all) (or didn't) the package installer code.
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
sadams54

Re: problem with creating installer package

Post by sadams54 »

Yes it was working before but I think the last gambas update broke it. I also tried putting the dependancies into the installer where you would put them. In fact on of them is festival and they do not install so it looks like the dependencies are completely broken.