can't access mysql

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
sadams54

can't access mysql

Post by sadams54 »

I compiled and installed gambas 3 version 3.18 on a fedora 29 system. It does work believe it or not.

For reasons too in depth I can not upgrade this system beyond fedora 29 for any reason.

My bottom line goal is to have a gambas program I wrote operate on this and other systems. The problem is I could not install because it needed v3.18 so I installed the entire gambas dev environment on this special system so I knew everything would work. I got the program on it and it runs except there is no access to the mysql databases. This is the host computer and all other systems connect to the same mysql without issue. Every database query including the one to verify the table exists comes back empty. Anybody have an idea how to fix this?

please realize that this is not a programming or code issue. it is configuration in gambas somehow. Remember the program works perfectly on other systems connecting to MySql on this one.
thatbruce

Re: can't access mysql

Post by thatbruce »

a) Is mysql configured to allow access from local connections?
b) Is your connection set up for that local access?
Have you ever noticed that software is never advertised using the adjective "spreadable".
sadams54

Post by sadams54 »

I am going to say yes local access is enabled because there is another application that uses the mysql db on that system and it runs fine. It is not a gambas app tho.

I am thinking the issue is something to do with fedora 29 and having compiled gambas there. perhaps I missed something? followed the directions given.
sadams54

Post by sadams54 »

nobody has any ideas?