gtk3 webview question

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
rj71

gtk3 webview question

Post by rj71 »

Hi All, I'm building an app where I'm using the GTK3 webview component that hits a lot of php pages I've built. The pages themselves are not terribly complex in terms of what is going on, some css, a bit of jquery but mostly the pages are hitting a mysql server for some data. Problem-free for the most part and doing everything I need it to do but I have one page that has a java script real-time clock but the time being displayed is way off. Like 5 hours too late off. The pc is Debian 12 that does have the correct time set as well as time zone (US Pacific). I have other pages that have some jquery and java script that the gtk3 webkit doesn't seem to have a problem with so what about that java script clock code does the gtk3 webkit not like?? It's some js code I found years ago on a site and have been using for awhile now that other browsers have no problem with.
rj71

Re: gtk3 webview question

Post by rj71 »

Update: I never did figure out why the clock was so off with this particular page with that JS code and the webview component. This was a simple page to show the time in my app so I just switched it to php code instead of JS. No big deal, not a fancy page anyways but still curious if anyone would know why the clock was so far off.
BruceSteers

Re: gtk3 webview question

Post by BruceSteers »

localization i suppose.
impossible to say when you do not post the offending code in question.

php happens server-side and js happens client-side
my guess the js function is badly coded to not handle localization properly.
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS