Initial screen too big ...or is it just me?

User avatar
cogier
Site Admin
Posts: 322
Joined: Wednesday 21st September 2016 2:22pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands

Re: Initial screen too big ...or is it just me?

Post by cogier » Tuesday 15th January 2019 11:05pm

But now you are using the 'Development' version V3.12.90. Was that your intention?

User avatar
Got2BeFree
Posts: 65
Joined: Saturday 26th November 2016 2:52am
Location: Lost

Re: Initial screen too big ...or is it just me?

Post by Got2BeFree » Wednesday 16th January 2019 6:45am

1920x1080
No problems here on openSUSE Leap 15. Haven't tried to upgrade Gambas my Debian box yet.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190116_013503-alt-size.png
Screenshot_20190116_013503-alt-size.png (60.67 KiB) Viewed 909 times
sholzy

I'm wondering around lost in the past, not knowing where the present is.

stevedee
Posts: 124
Joined: Monday 20th March 2017 6:06pm

Re: Initial screen too big ...or is it just me?

Post by stevedee » Wednesday 16th January 2019 7:38am

Got2BeFree wrote:
Wednesday 16th January 2019 6:45am
1920x1080...No problems here on openSUSE Leap 15...
Yes, that looks like the proper un-clipped image. I think its an un-sizeable image (although grayghost4 seems to be able to scale his) and I reckon the designer is also using a 1920x1080 screen.

stevedee
Posts: 124
Joined: Monday 20th March 2017 6:06pm

Re: Initial screen too big ...or is it just me?

Post by stevedee » Wednesday 16th January 2019 7:47am

cogier wrote:
Tuesday 15th January 2019 11:05pm
But now you are using the 'Development' version V3.12.90. Was that your intention?
Well I think I compiled the latest Stable version as 18.10 didn't have Gambas in the Repository. Either way its just a try-out on an old laptop...just need to find some time to test 18.10 before deciding between Lubuntu & Peppermint. Initially had a mousepad problem but quickly found a fix for it. Also 18.10 seems a little slow to startup, but otherwise runs at a reasonable pace. Oh, and networking looks a little dodgy.

User avatar
Got2BeFree
Posts: 65
Joined: Saturday 26th November 2016 2:52am
Location: Lost

Re: Initial screen too big ...or is it just me?

Post by Got2BeFree » Thursday 17th January 2019 3:56am

stevedee wrote:
Wednesday 16th January 2019 7:38am
Got2BeFree wrote:
Wednesday 16th January 2019 6:45am
1920x1080...No problems here on openSUSE Leap 15...
Yes, that looks like the proper un-clipped image. I think its an un-sizeable image (although grayghost4 seems to be able to scale his) and I reckon the designer is also using a 1920x1080 screen.
Mine won't resize like grayghost4. It did while using the 3.11.x series.
sholzy

I'm wondering around lost in the past, not knowing where the present is.

Post Reply