TickBox a custom CheckBox

So you have written that new, must have program. Let us see it here.
BruceSteers

Re: TickBox a custom CheckBox

Post by BruceSteers » Tuesday 02nd March 2021 5:44pm

PJBlack wrote:
Tuesday 02nd March 2021 5:18pm
BruceSteers wrote:
Tuesday 02nd March 2021 5:03pm
i'll make one small change that will make it all perfectly fall into place ;)
congratulations ... if i make a small change everything turns into deepest dysfunctional bullshit ... so ... usercontrol development is pure fun and soooo easy they said ...
lol , yeah ,, how hard can it be right? :lol:

I have not made that change yet, i have a whole bunch of AutoRezize and Expand properties to set on various panels and controls , one magical combination will make it all perfect ,,, the quest for the magical combination continues... ;)

BTW; the bug you said about the button bg colour changing wrong i thought i fixed in the last version. seems to work as expected on everything but 3.12 qt where it only changes the bg colour if it's not checked. ??

I'm just glad i could hack my gambas to show the controls properly in the IDE as well as runtime as this helps a lot with getting the look right.
I've added a bit to the preferences dialog to load custom controls when gambas starts so then it can display them in the form designer.
check it out.. you can see the form designer behind the prefs window showing the tickboxes just fine :)
Attachments
Screenshot at 2021-03-02 17-41-10.png
Screenshot at 2021-03-02 17-41-10.png (254.95 KiB) Viewed 268 times
Wishing well
Bruce

If at first you don't succeed , try it differently.

BruceSteers

Re: TickBox a custom CheckBox

Post by BruceSteers » Tuesday 02nd March 2021 5:50pm

PJBlack wrote:left is GTK and right is QT5 ... different look different behavior ... call me old shool but qt right panel is what i aspect to get ...
Hasn't left GTK one just got a really big font size so the window need to be enlarged?

It's nice to see with that pic of yours Micha that with QT the standard checkbox is not even displaying the set bg colour where as the TickBox is though :)
Wishing well
Bruce

If at first you don't succeed , try it differently.