ColorInfo

So you have written that new, must have program. Let us see it here.
Diverod

ColorInfo

Post by Diverod »

A simple utility for getting the color attributes of a pixel from a palette, fractal or desktop. Also, an attempt at auto-scroll with desktop image selected. Color attributes are displayed in real time mouse movements within a copy-able text area with the color displayed in a tag-along small picture box that follows the cursor. Expandable form for larger images.

This environment is new to me so any suggestions are appreciated. This does what I want for my present needs, just don’t know if there may be a better way to do it. Thanks for the Forum, RodG.

Attachments
ColorInfo.tar.gz
(950.92 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
cogier
Site Admin

Re: ColorInfo

Post by cogier »

This is an interesting program, so much so I had to mess with it!

I have made some changes that include: -
  • Form is now fully expandable
    There is a Splitter incorporated. You can now resize the left and right sides of the Form
    The TextArea has been replaced with a Gridview
    I got rid of the 'Scroll' feature and 4 timers
    There is now a special cursor when inside the PictureBox which replaces the 'pcbAlt', the colour is now displayed in the GridView
I hope you find it of some help.

ColorInfo_CO-0.1.tar.gz
(486.08 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Diverod

Post by Diverod »

Thanks Cogier, that’s a nice present for the holidays.

I have to say that I still struggle with the expanding forms a bit. I basically see how you are doing it when I look at your examples but when I’m doing it on my own I have difficulties starting with the proper foundation or fully grasping the nuances of the properties of the control being used. I’ll eventually get there, it’ll just be a while before I get full voltage to that light bulb.

Thanks again for taking a look at this, RodG.
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

Diverod wrote: Sunday 26th December 2021 3:45pm Thanks Cogier, that’s a nice present for the holidays.

I have to say that I still struggle with the expanding forms a bit. I basically see how you are doing it when I look at your examples but when I’m doing it on my own I have difficulties starting with the proper foundation or fully grasping the nuances of the properties of the control being used. I’ll eventually get there, it’ll just be a while before I get full voltage to that light bulb.

Thanks again for taking a look at this, RodG.
You'll get used to it fella, i was rubbish at layouts when i first came here.
It comes with experience, just keep playing/experimenting with the Panel, HBox, VBox, Spliiter etc containers and creative use of the Arrangement properties for the containers and using either Expand or AutoResize on some of the controls.

Handy things to know..
When experimenting with layouts you can right click an object then select "Place into container" then right click the new container and select "Change into" to make it what you need.

a HBox control in a vertically arranged panel will by default expand horizontally but not vertically and objects inside set to expand will only expand horizontally (and the opposite for a VBox)

AutoResize can be weird on some containers especially scrollviews (scrollviews can be a real headache lol)

Have fun :)
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
Diverod

Post by Diverod »

BruceSteers wrote: Sunday 26th December 2021 4:16pm
Handy things to know..
When experimenting with layouts you can right click an object then select "Place into container" then right click the new container and select "Change into" to make it what you need.
Oh, now that's handy info!
I had figured out the first part of that but couldn't understand why there wasn't an option for the type of container to put it into. Thanks much for that tidbit!