GauchoSketch a CAD to make simple diagrams.

So you have written that new, must have program. Let us see it here.
tincho

GauchoSketch a CAD to make simple diagrams.

Post by tincho »

Hello friends.
Some time ago I have been working on this program that I present and share called GauchoSketch.
For now, it is only the beginning of its development but I hope to make improvements.
I already had an interface quite advanced, which was intended for GauchoCAD, but since it was discontinued, I decided to create a more modest project, using the Paint class.
Tercoide uses classes to draw in GambasCAD but it was difficult for me to keep track of how to use them so I took as an example to draw using classes the program RcadGB3 which, as you probably know, is also made in gambas and available on the French forum.
If anyone is interested in testing to report bugs or suggest changes, feel free to contact me.
Finally I am not trying to reinvent the wheel, just make a program as simple as possible to make drawings of less than 2000 entities.
I invite you to take a look, the code is available at:
https://gitlab.com/belmotek/gauchosketch
cogier
Site Admin

Re: GauchoSketch a CAD to make simple diagrams.

Post by cogier »

There is some very nice programming here. I have used 2D CAD in a professional capacity, so I was looking for various features. Here are some of my observations: -

About - Clicking this got no response, a project can live or die on its documentation.
Line Styles and line Weights - Can you indicate which is the current style or weight. Perhaps use the [Esc] key to close these windows.
Patterns - The page was blank
Close - I got no warning that my work would just disappear!
Saving - The default directory to save a drawing is the program folder?
Enter a command - I could not get this to work. I would expect to be able to create a line with something like Li 600,0 to draw a line 600mm horizontally.
Layers - I could not see how to show or hide these.

This is a big challenge you are taking on here, I wish you all the best with it.
tincho

Re: GauchoSketch a CAD to make simple diagrams.

Post by tincho »

cogier wrote: Sunday 1st May 2022 12:11pm There is some very nice programming here. I have used 2D CAD in a professional capacity, so I was looking for various features. Here are some of my observations: -
This is a big challenge you are taking on here, I wish you all the best with it.
Hi Charly,
Thanks for the review, which is doubly good if it comes from someone who has used a CAD program.
I come from that world too since I worked for many years as a draftsman with Microstation and AutoCAD.
I take note of the points you mention and put them in the list of things to do, which can be seen in the readme.md file of the project.
As you say, it is an arduous task and I hope to be able to do the basics to make it work in practice and then continue refining it.