Question about Message class

New to Gambas? Post your questions here. No question is too silly or too simple.
Diverod

Question about Message class

Post by Diverod »

I have a main form and a 2nd form for User Settings. If the 2nd form is already open then the message always shows behind the 2nd form making the message not visible. This happens regardless of which form the Message is called from.

I can work around this by making the 2nd form .Visible = False and then returning this value to True (if the 2nd form was previously visible). My 2nd form is a utility form and the main form needs to be usable even if the 2nd form is open.

I’m new to Gambas 3.14.3 and Ubuntu 20.04.3 (about 3 weeks) and although it seems like it should be a simple setting, I just can’t find it. Thanks for any help.
BruceSteers

Re: Question about Message class

Post by BruceSteers »

Message should pop to front.
Does Form2 need to be Utility window? a modal window will get top position so maybe a Utility window does too? i'd make both Forms normal to expect normal usage from them both at the same time :)
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
Diverod

Re: Question about Message class

Post by Diverod »

Thank you Bruce. Woks perfect after setting form 2 Utility to False in IDE.

Guess I got stuck on trying something new to me that wasn't really needed and not fully understood.