gb.desktop.x11

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
User avatar
cogier
Site Admin
Posts: 721
Joined: Wednesday 21st September 2016 2:22pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands

gb.desktop.x11

Post by cogier » Monday 03rd May 2021 10:51am

Can you try adding the component gb.desktop.x11 to a program and see if you get the following error.

I have put a bug in for this but Benoît can't replicate the problem.

Thanks

Image

User avatar
PJBlack
Posts: 141
Joined: Tuesday 09th June 2020 10:26pm
Location: Florstadt, Hessen, Germany

Re: gb.desktop.x11

Post by PJBlack » Monday 03rd May 2021 10:59am

charlie, for me it works with:

Gambas=3.16.90 f524a2eb9 (master)
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=5.10.32-1-MANJARO
Architecture=x86_64
Distribution=Manjaro Linux
Desktop=XFCE

User avatar
grayghost4
Posts: 109
Joined: Wednesday 05th December 2018 5:00am
Location: Marengo, illinois usa

Re: gb.desktop.x11

Post by grayghost4 » Monday 03rd May 2021 1:06pm

I wanted to help .... upgraded to 16 ... but do not have gb.desktop.x11 :(

User avatar
cogier
Site Admin
Posts: 721
Joined: Wednesday 21st September 2016 2:22pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands

Re: gb.desktop.x11

Post by cogier » Monday 03rd May 2021 2:43pm

I wanted to help .... upgraded to 16 ... but do not have gb.desktop.x11 :(
Try installing it. You need to install gambas3-gb-desktop-x11. On Debian, Ubuntu, Mint etc use: -

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get -y install gambas3-gb-desktop-x11

User avatar
stevedee
Posts: 446
Joined: Monday 20th March 2017 6:06pm

Re: gb.desktop.x11

Post by stevedee » Monday 03rd May 2021 3:10pm

cogier wrote:
Monday 03rd May 2021 10:51am
Can you try adding the component gb.desktop.x11 to a program and see if you get the following error...
Yep, I get the same error on both Peppermint 9 and 10 machines with Gambas v3.16.0 "build 14".

User avatar
BruceSteers
Posts: 524
Joined: Thursday 23rd July 2020 5:20pm

Re: gb.desktop.x11

Post by BruceSteers » Monday 03rd May 2021 6:16pm

works fine on my 3.16.90
mint20
Did you try uninstall (check it's gone from /usr/lib/gamnbas3/) then re-install of component?
Wishing well
Bruce

If at first you don't succeed , try it differently.

User avatar
grayghost4
Posts: 109
Joined: Wednesday 05th December 2018 5:00am
Location: Marengo, illinois usa

Re: gb.desktop.x11

Post by grayghost4 » Monday 03rd May 2021 6:25pm

cogier wrote:
Monday 03rd May 2021 2:43pm
I wanted to help .... upgraded to 16 ... but do not have gb.desktop.x11 :(
Try installing it. You need to install gambas3-gb-desktop-x11. On Debian, Ubuntu, Mint etc use: -

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get -y install gambas3-gb-desktop-x11
I did this and now gambas will not run at all :(
How do I uninstall it ?

mhc@debian:~$ gambas3

**
** OOPS! INTERNAL ERROR. Program aborting, sorry! :-(
** Class 'X11' declared twice in the component 'gb.desktop.x11'.
**
** Please send a bug report to the gambas bugtracker [1] or to the gambas mailing-list [2].
** [1] http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker
** [2] https://lists.gambas-basic.org/listinfo/user
**
Last edited by grayghost4 on Monday 03rd May 2021 6:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BruceSteers
Posts: 524
Joined: Thursday 23rd July 2020 5:20pm

Re: gb.desktop.x11

Post by BruceSteers » Monday 03rd May 2021 6:26pm

I've attached all 6 desktop-x11 files from my /usr/lib/gambas3/ folder

check your's contains the same files or rmaybe copying these over may help?
Attachments
gambas3-desktop-x11.zip
(631.13 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Wishing well
Bruce

If at first you don't succeed , try it differently.

User avatar
BruceSteers
Posts: 524
Joined: Thursday 23rd July 2020 5:20pm

Re: gb.desktop.x11

Post by BruceSteers » Monday 03rd May 2021 6:28pm

grayghost4 wrote:
Monday 03rd May 2021 6:25pm
cogier wrote:
Monday 03rd May 2021 2:43pm
I wanted to help .... upgraded to 16 ... but do not have gb.desktop.x11 :(
Try installing it. You need to install gambas3-gb-desktop-x11. On Debian, Ubuntu, Mint etc use: -

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get -y install gambas3-gb-desktop-x11
I did this and now gambas will not run at all :(
Did you install gambas using autotools (compilation method) or using apt ?
Wishing well
Bruce

If at first you don't succeed , try it differently.

User avatar
grayghost4
Posts: 109
Joined: Wednesday 05th December 2018 5:00am
Location: Marengo, illinois usa

Re: gb.desktop.x11

Post by grayghost4 » Monday 03rd May 2021 6:31pm

I download and followed the instruction on the web site configrue ,,, make .... make install .

Post Reply