Help Converting From VB.net to Gambas

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
molposedra

Re: Help Converting From VB.net to Gambas

Post by molposedra »

I have often encountered this problem when working with VB. For me, this platform seems somehow incomprehensible and strange. In addition, Google very often conflicts with VB, and because of this, I have to rewrite the seemingly simple code several times. The only thing I can suggest you solve this problem is to try to use Google with a proxy server. For example, I use malaysia proxies which provide an anonymous and stable connection. With proxies also, Google will swear less on unknown sites. I would be interested to know if this helps you. I wish you good luck!
Last edited by molposedra on Wednesday 18th May 2022 12:16am, edited 1 time in total.
AndyGable

Post by AndyGable »

molposedra wrote: Friday 13th May 2022 2:53pm I have often encountered this problem when working with VB. For me, this platform seems somehow incomprehensible and strange.
Hi molposedra,

I'm finding it hard at the moment to migrate from VB.net to Gambas (well the web function side of Gambas anyway)

But I've yet to find any good example website yet (and all the examples that I have seen are for C)

But I've been using VB since vb4 (so windows 3.11) and I've migrated some of my apps to Gambas as windows 11 is so demanding for memory and cpu etc that it will not run on older hardware. (And my software is aimed at older hardware i386 processors etc)
sadams54

Post by sadams54 »

I worked in VB since version 6. MS does so many things in strange ways that make no sense and leave opening for many errors. The thing I keep running into is I still think complex like MS. In Gambas you must think simple because it works.

I converted several VB projects over but ended up mostly rewriting them because of the complexity of VB that is no longer needed. There is a Gambas mailing list that is great for questions that you can't get answered. The developers monitor and respond in that. They are very good about helping. the address is user-request@lists.gambas-basic.org

If you can't get help here try that.