Move project to new pc

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
Ham13

Re: Move project to new pc

Post by Ham13 »

Bruce,

Changed permissions. No change. Still cannot get rid of the library. The warning is "Can not find library" and show the library directory. The directory shown does not exits. I was deleted log ago. Any other suggestions? I'll think about posting but, I'm reluctant to because of sensitive data concern.

Thanks,
Marty
Ham13

Post by Ham13 »

Of interest, the library I want to remove is not shown in /home/xxx/.local/share/gambas3/lib/unknown. The three legitimate libraries are listed. Maybe I can not delete the problem library is because its original directory was other than where it should have been and that directory does not exist.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Marty
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

Ham13 wrote: Friday 1st July 2022 3:05pm Of interest, the library I want to remove is not shown in /home/xxx/.local/share/gambas3/lib/unknown. The three legitimate libraries are listed. Maybe I can not delete the problem library is because its original directory was other than where it should have been and that directory does not exist.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Marty
maybe see if it's listed in the projects .project file and remove the line declaring it?

I'ts a needle in a haystack without seeing your code.

can you remove any sensitive data then post it?
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
Ham13

Post by Ham13 »

Bruce.

I recreated the directory /home/marty/DBReport3 and added obfuscation to it. Now the project finds the library I want to delete but, I still can not delete it. Changed permissions on the directory to allow for deletions but, no change.However the project does not warn of a missing library anymore.

The libraries that I can add/remove are listed in /home/marty/.local/share/gambas3/lib/unknown. The problem child is in /home/marty/DBReport3/obfuscation.gambas.

Checked the .project file and found no libraries listed. There are also three copies of the files .project, .settings and .startup. Found the obfuscation.gambas library listed in the copies. I'll attach them so you can see them. Are there any other directories where Gambas stores libraries?
I tried runnig Gambas as Root but, found no projects. Maybe I should run it as Administrator if that is possible. For some reason I cannot attach files. It does not like something in the file name or that it is a hidden file.

Regards,
Marty
Ham13

Post by Ham13 »

Bruce,

Finally got the upload figured out. project.odt is the .project file. The others are also found in the project. They include 3 .project files, three .settings files and three .stratup files. Should these be deleted?

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Marty
Attachments
project.odt
.project File
(12.36 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
project _one.odt
.project(1) File
(13.39 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
project_two.odt
.project(2) File
(13.39 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

it doesn't really help.
BruceS
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

It's possible it's not a gambas issue but you are missing some system libraries needed to use all the gambas components in your project.
Check out https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install and install the dependencies for your system.

I suggest copying your project and removing any sensitive data then make an archive and post it here.

We could clean it up and get to the heart of the problems.
BruceS
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

Needle in a haystack.
Especially as you've not even mentioned the name of the offending library.

The more details we have the more we can help.
BruceS