Wav2mp3 (using serversocket for app to app control)

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
BruceSteers

Re: Wav2mp3 (using serversocket for app to app control)

Post by BruceSteers »

cogier wrote: Thursday 30th July 2020 3:03pm It would be nice to be able to double-click the created file and hear the outcome.
So be it :)
It now adds completed mp3s to a list and has a built in audio player using the Music class.
I put in a volume control and would have put in a position control if the blummin music class showed how long an audio file was but without knowing the length of the tune i can't put in a position changer.

Have added other things like now it doesn't just check a file has the .wav extension it uses the unix "file" command to check type is audio/* so you can set to view all files and add any audio file that lame supports to convert.

Am also making options for it to hide the main windows if arguments are passed and just show the terminal view.
And an option for it to ask to confirm/change output folder when run with args.
Wav2mp3.zip
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

Updated...

Now you can drag-n-drop audio files onto app (Main window or terminal) to add them to the queue.

Also added options to hide the main window and just show the terminal when run with args.
also added option for it ask to confirm/change output directory on the first file.
Haven't tested it fully yet.
Seems to be working fine.
Wav2mp3.zip
Compiled 3/Aug/2020
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
mccarthysharon

Post by mccarthysharon »

If you need to convert an audio file from wav to mp3 quickly, you need to choose a convenient program. I have tried many converters, and not all of them are perfect, but I am more comfortable with convertr.org, a universal wav to mp3 converter that allows you to work with different types of files. You can add tracks to the program by simple drag and drop. All you have to do is upload a song or video to the application, set up the necessary configurations, and start the conversion. I'm not even talking about the simple interface, which even beginners will understand.
vuott

Post by vuott »

...but I do not understand :? what a conversion website have to do with the creation of Gambas programs...
Europaeus sum !

Amare memorentes atque deflentes ad mortem silenter labimur.