mediaview help

Ask about the individual Gambas components here.
sadams54

mediaview help

Post by sadams54 »

I am working on a new major project and it revolves around the mediaview component. well I have never used this component and need some help.

1.. Where is the mediaview control in the toolbox? I am currently creating the control programatically. {answered}

2.. When I create a mediaview control programatically and put in the url for the video I see the black box with a play and stop button but pressing the play button produces an error in gambas "Cannot set status". if I try to programatically play using mediaview.play I get the same error. {Answered}

3.. I am trying to view an IP Camera using the url that works in VLC. Am I doing something wrong?

As with any programming project we learn new things and I have much to learn with this one. So please, any help is appreciated.
Last edited by sadams54 on Monday 23rd August 2021 11:44pm, edited 1 time in total.
cogier
Site Admin

Re: mediaview help

Post by cogier »

Have a look at 'Very Simple Video Player' on the Farm. It works well with .webm videos, not so well with .mp4
sadams54

Post by sadams54 »

I had to look at a german version and it was a simple issue with the url command. Thanks. once again I am thinking too complex.

now that it is working I am finding that I can't figure out how to force the video to a specific size. it resizes automatically filling the window. I can't seem to force the size to what I want. also noted that setting mediaview.muted=true in code does nothing I have to hit the mute on the video if I find the control. something wrong I am doing?
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

In the form designer where you can select Form/View/container type objects there will be a new tab called Media on the far right hand side

2. & 3. looks like you fixed that.

To make it not stretch it must not be in a panel that is 'arranged' (Arrange.fill, arrange.Horizontal, etc) It must be Arrange.None
and it's expand property must be false.

It's most likely your form layout causing it to expand.
place it in a panel or something that does not expand with the form.
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS