Anyone had a Covid jab?

Feel free to talk about non programming issues here.
stevedee

Anyone had a Covid jab?

Post by stevedee »

A previous discussion in the Lounge seemed to indicated that many of us had to define a Long Integer type when referencing our age.

So I was wondering, has anyone had a Covid vacination?

And if not yet, please post when you do and indicate type (e.g. Pfizer/BioNtech, Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Trump's own brand disinfectant, & so on).

Stay safe.
PJBlack

Re: Anyone had a Covid jab?

Post by PJBlack »

never ever ...
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

Vaccines do not work with fast mutating viruses like corona.

As soon as the vaccines started rolling out here we were told the virus has mutated so the vaccine might not be effective !!!
No sh*t Sherlock.

Clearly trying to vaccinate against a fast mutating virus is pointless.
the only benefit the covid jab has is to the money the phama companies gain making it.
Think of the money returns on a product the gov't makes law you must buy.

Viruses exist fact. viral chest infections of all types not just corona kill vulnerable sick people fact.
There's still probably more people being born every year than dying.

Anyway. one of the reasons i recently got off facebook and deep into coding again is because i was fed up with all the bulls**t and fear mongering going on.
This plandemic is hardly noticeable for me without facebook.
I clean a doctors for a living for minimum wage. it's a shitty job but its safe in the current realm of things.

If I am ordered to have the jab in order to keep my job then i will be out of a job. have not put lots of chemical crap into my body since the 90s rave scene ;) and even then was never with a needle.

My 2 bits worth
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier »

My wife has just had the letter and will be getting the vaccine next week, does that count?
stevedee

Post by stevedee »

cogier wrote: Friday 5th February 2021 3:34pm ...does that count?
Yes, but not until the syringe has been emptied into her arm.
stevedee

Post by stevedee »

So my wife had her first dose of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine this morning in a sports hall at Christ's Hospital school, with a 10 week spacing until the second dose. They can jab around 1400 arms a day with a trailing wind!

I've had to put my appointment back, but I'll be there this time next week.
cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier »

My wife has had her jab at Beau Sejour! Not sure when I get mine...
Got2BeFree

Post by Got2BeFree »

I got my first Pfizer jab on February 4 at my place of employment. My second jab is next week. I wasn't given much of a choice by my higher ups: either get the vaccine or be unemployed. My wife, who works at the same place, got her first the same day as me. Both my wife and I are considered front line essential workers since we work at an assisted living facility.

At first, the suits said it was voluntary. A few days later they made it mandatory when very few said they would do it. A little less than half of the staff refused to get it. I'm not sure how many are still refusing.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but I predict in the U.S. there will come a day (probably later this year) when it will be impossible to get a job or travel by public transportation without proof of vaccine. I foresee a lot of forged vaccine cards.
sholzy

I'm wondering around lost in the past, not knowing where the present is.
stevedee

Post by stevedee »

Got2BeFree wrote: Tuesday 16th February 2021 2:35am ...At first, the suits said it was voluntary. ...

...I predict in the U.S. there will come a day (probably later this year) when it will be impossible to get a job or travel...
Its a real dilemma, and one I'm glad I don't have to make a ruling on.

On the one hand, I respect the rights of people to make individual choices. But on the other hand, institutions that look after vulnerable individuals (be they elderly, with mental health problems or otherwise unwell) have a duty-of-care to ensure that their inmates are shielded from harm. My father-in-law entered hospital early last year, then contracted covid and died a week or so later.

I guess if the vaccine was 100% effective, just inoculating the inmates would be enough in most cases. But it wouldn't protect people like Captain Tom Moore who was too unwell to be given the jab.

The 'proof of vaccine' concept is another very difficult challenge. One of our sons recently conducted a trial at a local airport of some system his team were working on, but it appears to be near impossible to avoid fraud. However, maybe like most things in modern living, if the fraudsters only represent a small minority, while the majority are playing it straight; perhaps it will all come good!

On a lighter note, I suspect that this planet has had enough of us and this was its most recent attempt to rid itself of the most troublesome animal that ever walked the face of the Earth. But just image what would happen if we were hit by 4 or 5 deadly, but completely unrelated viruses at the same time! We wouldn't be able to respond quick enough.
(OK, strike the bit about "On a lighter note...")
cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier »

I've just had my first jab. I got the Pfizer one.