We've got help searching :) (offline help only)

Feel free to talk about non programming issues here.
BruceSteers

We've got help searching :) (offline help only)

Post by BruceSteers »

The latest commit has a new search panel for offline help :)
:D
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
PJBlack

Re: We've got help searching :) (offline help only)

Post by PJBlack »

nice ... another way to look for non existing documentation ;-)

and in my opinion my little gambas helper by stevedee is MUCH better ...
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

I dunno , i kinda thought the tools (i think more than one was being made) were a bit insensitive to Bens requests. That's why i never used any of them.
He was clear that the wiki server costs money and searching used bandwidth so that was why he made it so only registered users could search.
To make an external app that searched the wiki (used up bandwidth) didn't seem like playing ball to me.
BruceS
PJBlack

Post by PJBlack »

bruce, you know i appreciate you very much but your comment is *censored*,as well as*censored* and furthermore it is miles below your mental abilities ...

1. in my opinion it is massively schizophrenic to put a website online and then expect nobody to use it ...

2. i wish for 6 correct numbers in the lotto every saturday, benoit wishes for no users on the wiki ... looks like we both do not get what we wish ...

BruceSteers wrote: Sunday 20th June 2021 8:33amTo make an external app that searched the wiki (used up bandwidth)
this statement is absolutely wrong!
stevedee uses only the results of search engines (duckduckgo as default) so that his tool does not fetch a single byte from the wiki.

4. considering the very modest and mostly non-existent documentation i allow myself (without asking benoit) to use ANY tool that makes my programming day easier and i decide which tool is the best for me

BruceSteers wrote: Sunday 20th June 2021 8:33amThat's why i never used any of them.
here you are unfortunately very far below your level ... to judge about something that you do not even know ... even I lack the words

but positive is that after several days of dead silence here in the forum at least you "woke up" :-) therefore for you (and every reader) still a beautiful peaceful and sunny sunday

[my best friend: DeepL]
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

PJBlack wrote: Sunday 20th June 2021 11:20am bruce, you know i appreciate you very much but your comment is *censored*,as well as*censored* and furthermore it is miles below your mental abilities ...

1. in my opinion it is massively schizophrenic to put a website online and then expect nobody to use it ...

2. i wish for 6 correct numbers in the lotto every saturday, benoit wishes for no users on the wiki ... looks like we both do not get what we wish ...

BruceSteers wrote: Sunday 20th June 2021 8:33amTo make an external app that searched the wiki (used up bandwidth)
this statement is absolutely wrong!
stevedee uses only the results of search engines (duckduckgo as default) so that his tool does not fetch a single byte from the wiki.

4. considering the very modest and mostly non-existent documentation i allow myself (without asking benoit) to use ANY tool that makes my programming day easier and i decide which tool is the best for me

BruceSteers wrote: Sunday 20th June 2021 8:33amThat's why i never used any of them.
here you are unfortunately very far below your level ... to judge about something that you do not even know ... even I lack the words

but positive is that after several days of dead silence here in the forum at least you "woke up" :-) therefore for you (and every reader) still a beautiful peaceful and sunny sunday

[my best friend: DeepL]
I wish you had lacked the words.
BruceS