pluma like "External Tools" in my gambas :) :)

Feel free to talk about non programming issues here.
BruceSteers

Re: pluma like "External Tools" in my gambas :) :)

Post by BruceSteers »

If anyone wants to help test it they can make a new branch from master on their git fork and i'll submit a merge request (or maybe you can submit your own merge, i dunno?)

(my External-Tools branch is master+external tools mod)

let me know your fork/test branch details.

All the best
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
BruceSteers

Re: pluma like "External Tools" in my gambas :) :)

Post by BruceSteers »

It does not look like Benoit likes the External Tools addon so i don't think it will be a part of the main gambas :(

Although..

He is interested in a possible "plugin" type thing similar to what i have done here but on a more intricate level, something able to properly monkey around with things using gambas written plugins.

Personally I think if he does all i'm going to want a a script launching plugin like this as I want to make my own quick scripts in bash or gbs and not have to work out some complicated plugin API , or have a limited choice of functions.

but here's hoping it won't take long to convert this mod into a plugin it it becomes an option.
Plugins could e awesome, Bens wish is that tay be gambas applications soall sorts could be possible.

Charlie,, an InFile.plugin ? :)
(Ps. i can now use InFile with my gambas through the External Tools mod like i could my Editor :)

Just FYI for this External Tools mod of master branch i have added the following...

Drag-n-drop..
menu order can now be re-arranged with dragging them around ,
New scripts can be added to the menu by dropping them directly on the manager list.

Added key shortcut Ctrl+E
Ctrl+Alt+E opens the script manager window.
Ctrl+E pops open the menu at mouse pos for quick access.
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS