Dynamically Created Tables on a Scrollarea - random artefacts after scrolling

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
BruceSteers

Re: Dynamically Created Tables on a Scrollarea - random artefacts after scrolling

Post by BruceSteers »

seany wrote: Monday 24th October 2022 4:31pm The right panel in my case, is adding showing the buttons correctly.

I saw the square. I will check, if that is my problem. Thank you
the right panel being the wrong size for me is exactly my point about trying to size things yourself and not using Panel.Arrangement properties and AutoResize and things to lay it all out automatically for you. Even when resizing the window.
I probably just have a different Font size or something on my desktop than you so the gui does not show right for me :(

Trust me fella, we've all done it, during our own "first project" days :)
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
seany

Re: Dynamically Created Tables on a Scrollarea - random artefacts after scrolling

Post by seany »

Hi

So I can do this now.

The subtables move in unison, I can move the column headers of any root table or subtable to adjust size and control the heights of any row, and all subtables will adjust in unison.

If I add a new row, the parent table will adjust accordingly. ignore the green checkmark please.

Problem is now this:

The green part is a subtable. It is anchored in the first Row ( = index 0, incidentally also the last row) of the parent table. The bottom boundary of the row is highlighted in blue.

The row's displayed height seems to max out at 1024. Even manually adding more height is not going to increase it. The table height (bottom border magenta) automatically respects the subtable height. But the height of the first (and incidentally last) row's height is not expanding to full table height .

Manually setting a large height to the table and the first ( = incidentally last) row is also causing exact same problem. Row height maxes out around 1024, and the table height increases. In addition, this error seem to be carried forward to the next added table, wherein the difference between row height and the table height appears to be twice of the previous one, even though printing those values out shows that in both cases, all four values ( = row 0 height of first root table, height of the first table, and these two values in the second table) are exactly the same.

Using -1 does not work, because a cell does not respect the subtable as it's content. So using row or height = subtable forces the cell size to return to original instead of spanning around the subtable.