fedora repo

Feel free to talk about non programming issues here.
sadams54

fedora repo

Post by sadams54 »

I work mostly in Fedora so I am wondering if anybody can help with getting some of my projects added to a repo. I have looked it up and I think I stopped at the point where I have to sacrifice a live chicken at midnight during a full moon.

I am looking for something simple. If your process takes more than 10 easy steps then it is not what I am looking for.
BruceSteers

Re: fedora repo

Post by BruceSteers »

sadams54 wrote: Tuesday 14th March 2023 11:53pm I work mostly in Fedora so I am wondering if anybody can help with getting some of my projects added to a repo. I have looked it up and I think I stopped at the point where I have to sacrifice a live chicken at midnight during a full moon.

I am looking for something simple. If your process takes more than 10 easy steps then it is not what I am looking for.
Have you read the "quick-doc" ?
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/qu ... in-fedora/
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fe ... ry_Options

You may need a few chickens ;)
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
sadams54

Post by sadams54 »

I love that you have the same sense of humor. The links only tell me how to add repos not how to put our gambas software into a repo for public download. Sort of not quite on target.

But thanks for the advise I will get more chickens to sacrifice, worst case is a lot of eggs or a great bbq.
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

sadams54 wrote: Wednesday 15th March 2023 6:23pm I love that you have the same sense of humor. The links only tell me how to add repos not how to put our gambas software into a repo for public download. Sort of not quite on target.

But thanks for the advise I will get more chickens to sacrifice, worst case is a lot of eggs or a great bbq.
But how is that not what you want?
you can make a repo online and put your software on it then you just have to get people to add the repo url with dnf.

If you mean you want your software on the official fedora repo then I'm pretty sure it's not like the applications page on the gambas wiki where Anyone who has an account can add software.

I think the repo people add it themselves if they like your software.
That's why gambas has troubles keeping the latest version on repos , because none of the gambas team are in control of it, it's up to them.

The gambas team provide packages but the people at say Debian-inc are in control of what version they want to put on their repo.

Maybe the way is to get on the Fedora-project forums and see if they want your software on their repo?
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
sadams54

Post by sadams54 »

yep that is what I am looking at. Getting on things like rpm fusion etc. but the directions lost me after the 2nd 20 step reference to another guide to follow and something about the sacrifice of a live chicken by the light of the full moon at midnight. My own repo is no different than what I do. I have software up on the company website but I am looking for larger exposure. I think you are right it is such a complicated process and time consuming.