[Sloved] Migrating from 3.15 to 3.18 Problems

Post your Gambas programming questions here.
AndyGable

Re: [Sloved] Migrating from 3.15 to 3.18 Problems

Post by AndyGable »

BruceSteers wrote: Friday 14th July 2023 10:42pm
AndyGable wrote: Friday 14th July 2023 7:45pm
BruceSteers wrote: Friday 14th July 2023 5:52pm it will install gambas qt5 and gtk3 components if you have the toolkits installed,
no it does not install the toolkits for you it just uses what you have.

glad you sorted it out. (well kind of, now though you know the code only works with qt and not gtk3 so something is not right and working only by luck ;) )

Could someone tell me i there is any major need to move to 3.18.0?
keeping up to date.
and from 3.15 i'd say yes. there's been many updates since then.
any bug fixes like for what you may have found here will only happen on the latest versions

to be horribly blunt you have to consider that gambas itself runs fine on both qt and gtk so there is probably a more correct way to get your Form_Keypress event (only Benoit i think truly understands how it all works best) and it's just a chance that qt does it your way.

Or possibly it's due to a bug that's now been fixed (the bug letting your code work but was not supposed to).

it'd be interesting to have a small test app you know has this glitch then i could find out what the problem is.
That's the thing if I create an app from scratch it works fine in both gtk and qt but if I migrate over one of my 3.15.2 apps and recompile all it still does not work.