ShowModa()l form problem and laggy curl component.

For questions about Gambas web tools.
dockfo

ShowModa()l form problem and laggy curl component.

Post by dockfo »

HI to everyone. I am new to Gambas and I would like to ask a question. When I call for ex. frmSomeform.ShowModal(frmParent) from after pressing a button, the modal window shows up but I am getting an error in the browser from JavaScript complaining about "Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded" and the program stops (spinning circles shows up forever). When I do the exact same thing, but instead of clicking the button calling the modal window from after clicking the menu, the window shows up as expected. Is there something I missing or is it a bug ?
modalError.png
modalError.png (62.22 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
And here is the second one. Is it normal when you use the gb.net.curl component, the forms inside the browser are loaded very slowly. When I check the network tab in browser's web tools the xml calls are excuteed almost every one second one after another. When I compile the program and run it in apache2 environment through cgi there is no lag. Is this a normal behavior. I am asking this because if it is normal it is very difficult to debug the program. Thanks in advance!
ps
I included the zip with the app I have the problem I describe.
Attachments
WebForm_Modal_and_curlClass.zip
(18.63 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
BruceSteers

Re: ShowModa()l form problem and laggy curl component.

Post by BruceSteers »

I have noticed the lag in some of my projects.

I do not know why.
Maybe someone on the gambas mailing list may know?

And i do not get any of the errors you get with showmodal,
the application you posted works as expected for me so i cannot help.

Perhaps a glitch in your program? Maybe try pressing the "Compile all" button
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
dockfo

Post by dockfo »

Hi Bruce
Thank you for your reply. No the compile button does not help. BTW I am using Ubuntu 22.04 and gambas 3.17.3. I have noticed that if a use the showmodal() method on a form that I have instantiate with the _new keyword the form opens normally with no problem. Weird things...
Last edited by dockfo on Sunday 18th December 2022 6:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
dockfo

Post by dockfo »

BruceSteers wrote: Thursday 8th December 2022 12:57pm Perhaps a glitch in your program? Maybe try pressing the "Compile all" button
... I just found the solution to this problem in the mailing list (it is a bug) ... I have to upgrade to development release 3.17.90 ...