Erratic Cursor Placement in IDE

Questions and info about the Gambas IDE itself and not what you are making with it.
(not bug reports)
leo_bergamo

Erratic Cursor Placement in IDE

Post by leo_bergamo »

Hello,

Once again I stumbled upon Gambas and once I'm impressed. But I am encountering this annoying issue with the IDE. The position of the text cursor within the IDE is constantly inaccurate. For instance, when I place the cursor, say at the end of a line and insert a space; the space appears a few characters before the text cursor. I've played with all the settings and I am unable to correct this behavior which makes developing a pain. If anyone knows of any sort of remedy, please advise...

Regards,

Leo

P.S.

I am running Gambas on a Manjaro Linux distribution. My desktop environment is Xfce.
BruceSteers

Re: Erratic Cursor Placement in IDE

Post by BruceSteers »

leo_bergamo wrote: Sunday 12th February 2023 1:52pm Hello,

Once again I stumbled upon Gambas and once I'm impressed. But I am encountering this annoying issue with the IDE. The position of the text cursor within the IDE is constantly inaccurate. For instance, when I place the cursor, say at the end of a line and insert a space; the space appears a few characters before the text cursor. I've played with all the settings and I am unable to correct this behavior which makes developing a pain. If anyone knows of any sort of remedy, please advise...

Regards,

Leo

P.S.

I am running Gambas on a Manjaro Linux distribution. My desktop environment is Xfce.
Probably a bad font.
try changing fonts

You should sign up to the bug-tracker http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker to report bugs.
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
leo_bergamo

Post by leo_bergamo »

Could you suggest a font ? I did play around with various monospace fonts to no avail. An I unique regarding this problem ?
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

leo_bergamo wrote: Tuesday 14th February 2023 11:05pm Could you suggest a font ? I did play around with various monospace fonts to no avail. An I unique regarding this problem ?
Well yes, none of us have an unusable IDE.

Do you get the problem when using the IDE in QT and GTK3?

What version of gambas do you have

try changing your desktops main font setting, probably the monospace one.
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
leo_bergamo

Post by leo_bergamo »

So apparently the bug was something relevant to GTK. I switched from Xfce to LxQT and it has disappeared. This will work! Thanks for all the help!