Aligning Buttons on form picture

New to Gambas? Post your questions here. No question is too silly or too simple.
PeteMarsh

Aligning Buttons on form picture

Post by PeteMarsh »

Hi, Although the attached isnt a complicated example, I have been using tranparent imageboxes with no picture and the mousedown event to trigger to cover "buttons" which are part of the picture in the Form.picture property. This gives complete freedom in the design of the user interface, not limited to standard button shapes, and no mysterious grey boxes when the mouse id over them.

In VB, when you included a picture on the form it appears at design time, you don't have to wait until run time to see it, so lining up buttons etc was easy to achieve. Is there some way to be able to se ethe picture on the form at the same time I am placing other components ?

Thanks in Anticipation.
Attachments
Work Screen 2 800x480.png
Work Screen 2 800x480.png (693.54 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
BruceSteers

Re: Aligning Buttons on form picture

Post by BruceSteers »

No.

A PictureBox control will show the image at design but not Form.Picture property
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
cogier
Site Admin

Post by cogier »

I have to agree with Bruce here. There might be another way to look at this. If you put your image in a PictureBox a Mouse_Down event can be checked to establish if a click was made in a particular location. See program attached.
PauseFinish-0.0.1.tar.gz
(805.59 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
BruceSteers

Post by BruceSteers »

Or get on the mailing list and ask Benoit if Form.Picture property could show in the IDE.
It may be a simple task for him.
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
PeteMarsh

Post by PeteMarsh »

Thanks All - Bruce, I didn't know it was an option to approach the great man himself ! Just wait until I really get going !