Offline documentation

Questions and info about the Gambas IDE itself and not what you are making with it.
(not bug reports)
Got2BeFree

Offline documentation

Post by Got2BeFree »

Just discovered my offline documentation is out of date. Hit the button to install the updated version and it promptly throws up a message bot saying "Unable to uncompress documentation". Where is it trying to download and uncompress to and I'll look to see if it's a permission problem.
sholzy

I'm wondering around lost in the past, not knowing where the present is.
BruceSteers

Re: Offline documentation

Post by BruceSteers »

Got2BeFree wrote: Thursday 9th May 2024 4:55am Just discovered my offline documentation is out of date. Hit the button to install the updated version and it promptly throws up a message bot saying "Unable to uncompress documentation". Where is it trying to download and uncompress to and I'll look to see if it's a permission problem.
$HOME/.local/share/gambas3
If at first you don't succeed , try doing something differently.
BruceS
Got2BeFree

Re: Offline documentation

Post by Got2BeFree »

This looks like a bug introduced and fixed in a recent release. I'll have to wait for Debian 13 to be able to update Gambas from 3.18.0.

The last time I tried to compile Gambas to the then current version I ran into a bunch of dependency issues. Outdated app versions (only security and bug fixes) has been the only issue with Debian in the 8 or so years I've been using it. I left RedHat and then years later SuSe because of forced updates every few months or so.
sholzy

I'm wondering around lost in the past, not knowing where the present is.